Welcome and thank you for your interest in being one of our festival volunteers. If you haven’t done so already, please read our Volunteer Welcome page and Volunteer FAQs. Our volunteers are a vital part of our festival and we would like your experience to be as enjoyable and fun as possible. If you have any questions, please email the SFIDBF Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com
In addition to registering, each volunteer must present a completed CDBA Liability and Release Waiver Agreement form for Adults or Minors to the Volunteer/Information tent when you check-in. If you are under the age of 18, this form must be signed by a parent/legal guardian. Any person unable to present this form at check-in, will not be allowed to participate as a volunteer. Walk-in volunteers will not be accepted.
Group Coordinators: Group Coordinators from previous years will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator. If you are coordinating group volunteers for the first time, please contact SFIDBF Volunteer Coordinator and we’ll provide you with documents to get you started.
Individual Volunteers: please submit request to SFIDBF Volunteer Coordinator with the following information:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- T-Shirt Size
- Position(s) desired:
- Hospitality – To help serve breakfast and lunch to volunteers, deliver food to other volunteers on duty
- Volunteer and Information Booths – To assist volunteer check-in’s, assist visiting dragon boat teams check-in’s, greet media and visitors, serve in information booth, pass out flyers, inflate balloons, manage lost & found
- Dock Duty – To help count paddlers before the race and help paddlers in and out of the docking area, previous experience preferred
- Dragon Land – To help out with children’s arts and crafts activities and games
- Race Operation Runners – To help race coordinators with various tasks to support race operations like relaying messages to race teams and other race coordinators
- Runners – To assist volunteer coordinator(s) in relaying messages, replacing volunteers during breaks, finishing little loose ends
- Volunteer Shift(s) Desired:
Reference below for start and end times for volunteer positions:
Dragon Land, Runner/Floater, Race Operation Runner:
You will get an email confirmation for assigned volunteer position(s) and shift(s).
Please submit volunteer information or updates to SFIDBF Volunteer Coordinator no later than September 5, 2016.
Thank you in advance for your interest and support.